I took the plunge on the troubled port of Rime on the Switch and oh dear the issues made the game difficult to play…..
Well great news sports fans because the developers have released a patch that fixes quite a few of the issues. Having put off playing this game due to its issues I am hopeful I can make it through the rest of the game now.
Patch Notes below:
- Increased visual fidelity, bloom and post-processing
- Sharpened image resolution
- Opening Cinematics visually improved
- Fixed possible stage exploits that would enable players to skip parts of the stages
- Increased texture quality in specific areas
- Increased view distance
- Fixed an issue with foliage density, shadows, and render distances
- Updated texture mipmaps for the Fox
- Improved global mipmaps
- Improved shadow distance and quality
- Fixed instances of foliage pops
- Stabilized FPS
- Optimized the Boys cape and hair physics
- Rebuilt streaming volumes
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to see outside of the map in later stages
- Updated lighting to prevent bleed through
- Updated the quality of trees in earlier stages where they would display poorly
Fingers crossed for an enjoyable experience now.